Helpful Dental InformationRichmond, TX
At Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Richmond, TX patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (832) 246-7255.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Richmond office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Richmond
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Thinking that taking care of your child’s baby teeth is not as important as taking care of their permanent teeth? While this is a common misconception many parents have, it is just not factual. Both sets of our teeth play a vital role when it comes to our healthy tooth development and understanding this is…
A child's first dental checkupDental anxiety and fear can begin at any age, but it can be a particularly difficult issue among children. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that you take your child to their first dental checkup within six months of the eruption of their first tooth. Starting the dental visits early…
Sterilization and disinfection protocols are essential to the infection control measures at Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental. When preparing for a dental appointment, it is important to know that emergency procedures are done safely without worries. This article answers questions that people have about sterilization and disinfection protocols during the COVD-19 outbreak. In dental offices, instrument cleaning,…
Children often don’t like to do things that aren't on their agenda, which can make brushing their teeth twice a day difficult, unless you make brushing teeth fun. Work with a dentist on ways to make teeth brushing time enjoyable, figure out what ways that your child likes to have fun. While children are constantly…