Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General DentistRichmond, TX
While a General Dentist will help a child receive the necessary dental care, it will not be as beneficial or specific as a Pediatric Dentist. One major difference between a General and Pediatric Dentist is that a Pediatric Dentist goes through specialized training to treat dental issues within infants, children and patients in their early teens. After completing the typical four-year dental school program, a Pediatric Dentist then completes two more years of residency training to gain the title of a Pediatric Dentist
The type of issues an endodontist treats
- A pediatric dentist can safely provide an accurate and harmless examination of an infant’s first tooth. Since baby teeth begin to grow as early as 1 year of age, it is crucial for a pediatric dentist to ensure that the teeth grow in properly. A Pediatric Dentist will know best and the earlier a parent’s visits the dentist for their child, the better. Call us to see when the best time to schedule a checkup is.
- Parents may understand that certain foods affect a child’s dental health, but may be unaware that pacifier use and thumb sucking can also negatively affect a child’s teeth. A pediatric dentist can help to guide parents on breaking these habits with their child at the right time.
- When it comes to the actual visit, a pediatric dentist can provide a comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere.
- Since children are still developing their teeth, oral hygiene will differ for each child based on the age. A pediatric dentist can go over the best and healthiest oral hygiene technique for the child. Children should not use the same fluoride toothpaste that adults use and will need a gentle tooth brush.
- Pediatric dentists use specifically-designed tools for children’s dental care. Along with creating a comfortable atmosphere for children, pediatric dentists understand that children are not full-grown adults and need different treatment methods than adults.
Along with providing proper dental care, Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental strives to help the child build a healthy relationship with dental checkups and oral hygiene techniques. The goal is to educate the parent and child on proper dental hygiene in a fun atmosphere. Instead of judging and lecturing a patient, Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental spends more time educating the patient.
By creating a positive atmosphere in the dental office, the hope is that the child will feel more comfortable with the aspect of returning for another visit. Grand Parkway Pediatric Dental can take care of the patient as necessary, parents need to help the child with dental hygiene at home. By working together we can help ensure that the child receives the necessary care.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist Richmond
Back to top of Why Go to a Pediatric Dentist Instead of a General Dentist
If you have a baby, it might be time to take them to the family dentist sooner than you think. Many American children do not see the family dentist until over two years of age. Unfortunately, this is much later than dentists recommend. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children go by a…
If your child needs dental help, a kid friendly dentist is a good choice. This professional has the knowledge and training to handle preventive maintenance and restorative care for your son or daughter. The dentist can assist with a wide variety of issues, including the most serious issues that may arise. From the time your…
A kids dentist provides a level of care and expertise that focuses solely on children’s unique dental needs. Something pediatric dentists understand is the fear children may have in visiting the dental office. These fears may have to do with the newness of the environment, the equipment and the process. While kids may remember seeing…
Most parents are familiar with the challenges associated with teething, but a kid-friendly dentist in Richmond can provide great tips to make the process bearable. Baby teeth eruption is a crucial stage in the child’s growth process. Parents need to know how to care for their child’s teeth from the early stages to ensure good…